When you are looking for a diaper bag, you will most likely stumble upon some moms who tell you how wonderful messenger diaper bag is. You know what? Some of them are right. Messenger Baby bags are great for some reasons but mainly because they free your hands. You know exactly why that’s such a good thing. Sometimes you need to take your baby out of the stroller or carry him on your left while opening the door with your right hand. That kind of stuff.
Some moms, however, say messenger nappy bags are not good enough because the designs are too manly. This is not necessarily true. There are so many of them out there that finding one with feminine design should never be a problem. Have a look at the bag reviewed on this page. Some of the designs are feminine, some are unisex, and some can be changed as you wish.
Of course, good messenger bags are more than just looks. There are plenty more that you should take into consideration. That’s why you should scroll down and see for yourself. Why? Because one of them is more likely the one you’ve been looking for all this time.
Top Rated Messenger Diaper Bags
Skip Hop Dash Messenger Diaper Bag
In short, this is an awesomely cute bag with tons of pockets to keep everything organized neatly. This Skip Hop messenger baby bag holds diapers, wipes, clothes, baby blanket, pacifier, bottles, and more. Of course, it also has that one pocket to keep your phone, iPad, keys, and wallet. It’s not too big, though. The size is manageable, and it’s what moms want when they don’t want to carry an oversized bag whenever they go out with their babies.
The bag uses a flap to close the main compartment. There are two rows of magnetic discs on the flap so you can close the bag securely whether you pack it lightly for quick trips or full to the brim for longer trips. The shoulder strap is long and wide. It doesn’t eat to your shoulder when the bag is full of baby stuff. The bag looks good on dad too. You can also use the shuttle clips to convert it into a stroller bag.
Okiedog Mondrian Sumo messenger diaper bag
This vibrant nappy bag from Okiedog is for mommies who love a versatile bag with enough space to keep two baby’s worth of gears. The bag comes with a smaller accessory bag and one insulated bottle bag. The large pocket inside fits an iPad or laptop.
Even when the bag is full of baby stuff, it’s not bulky and still comfortable to carry around. You also have the option to carry it like a backpack or hang it on the stroller using the clipix stroller clips. These three different carry options are very useful when you travel with your baby.
While the material is not waterproof, it is water-resistant. When you get spills on it, you have plenty of time to wipe them off before the liquid seeps in. Okiedog also makes sure the material is safe for you and your baby. It is BPA-free, Phthalate- free, PVC- free, and AZO- free.
DadGear Messenger Diaper Bag
Just like the name implies, this is made for dads. There’s nothing cutesy about the design and color, so dads can carry it without feeling embarrassed. That, however, is not meant to discourage moms from buying this. After all, not all moms prefer cute baby bags.
In terms of practicality, this bag has many to offer. It has five interior pockets where one in the front is for baby wipes. The size fits most baby wipe brands, and you can easily pull a sheet or two by opening the front flap. The zippered pocket on the front flap gives you easy access to your phone, tablet, keys, or whatever it is you decide to put in there. The interior lining is bright-colored, so it’s easy to find anything inside. The bag size is rather smallish, though. It will only fit enough trinkets for one baby plus some of your own gadgets. If you have two kids in diapers, you can only pack enough for quick trips.
Kalencom Sam’s Duck Duck Goose Messenger Bag
Yet another discreet diaper bag that hides it contents neatly. This bag is available in various unisex prints that fit both mommies and daddies. This bag is both functional and practical. It has a spacious main compartment, three interior pockets, two elasticized bottle holders, and two exterior pockets, one on each side of the bag. It also comes with a separate insulated bottle holder, and a zippered pouch to keep the foldable changing pad or wet clothes.
The material used for this bag is waterproof, but it’s supple instead of stiff. The bag has more heft than other baby bags, probably because the material is meant to be durable and able to withstand abuse for years. It uses magnetic snap closure which is easy to open and close with one hand. That’s a nice touch because you don’t always have the luxury of both hands remain free even when you wear the bag across your body. For instance, when you carry your baby on your right, you can use your left hand to open the bag and get the milk bottle out.
Vera Bradley Messenger Baby Bag
This bag is the definite proof that you can put style on top of your list and still get a fully functional baby bag. With vivid colors and prints, this bag looks gorgeous. It is spacious while having enough pockets to keep things organized. Inside you’ll find two elasticized pockets plus four slip pockets; no need to dig through various stuff to get the thing that you need. The bag uses a magnetic flap to close the bag. Open it and you’ll have easy access to two more slip pockets.
No diaper bag is complete without a changing pad, and that’s why this messenger bag comes with a matching changing pad. It fits nicely inside the size zippered pocket. The adjustable strap allows you to carry it over your shoulder or across the body. There are no stroller clips, but you can adjust the strap, so it’s long enough for you to hang the bag on the stroller handles.
Timi & Leslie Metro Messenger
The Metro Messenger Barcelona is made from PVC-free faux leather, accented with antique brass finish. It looks classy and sophisticated. It’s similar to the bags women carry to their offices. There’s nothing about it that scream, “diaper bag!” While the design is not manly in any way, dads will still carry it happily.
This bag’s size is best described as medium. It’s big, but not overly big like a maternity bag. With six inner pockets and two outer pockets, you can organize your baby outfit, bottles, diapers, wipes, hats, and blankets with ease. The outer pockets are insulated to keep drinks stay cool or warm. The size of this bag makes it more suitable for a mom with one baby, but there’s still room for extra gears if you have a toddler.
In short, it’s a high-quality bag that will hold up to daily use. The faux leather is so good you won’t believe it’s not real.
OiOi 6058 Messenger Diaper Bag
This bag looks clean and simple in the popular gray dots pattern. It makes an excellent choice of diaper bag for your baby because it has a spacious main storage area plus a good number of pockets. The bag’s size is rather small, so it’s only good for when you only have a baby. You can hang this on a stroller using the stroller strap or adjust the shoulder strap to loop it over the handles. Looking back at the design, this bag seems more like a laptop bag, and no dads will mind carrying this around.
The OiOi diaper bag is made of PVC-free polyester material. It’s a low maintenance material because it’s easy to clean. The interior features water-resistant lining. It’s also equipped with many pockets; elasticized and zippered. The bag comes with an insulated bottle holder to keep formula warm for over an hour for when your baby isn’t too hungry. A dedicated baby wipe case plus the included changing mat makes diaper changing a breeze.
Ju-Ju-Be Better Be Messenger Diaper Bag
Have ever heard of crumb drains? This bag from Ju-Ju-Be has those crumb drains in the back pocket to keep it clean. The bag is made from polyester fabric with Teflon protector on the outside and lined with antimicrobial linings on the inside. All of those plus the fact that this bag is machine-washable make this bag very easy to clean and keep clean. No more hard-to-remove stains, no more bad odor from milk and food spills. Even if you’re not a clean freak, you’ll appreciate all those features.
Moving on to practicality and usability, this bag excels in those two points too. There’s a pocket on the front flap that gives easy access to mommy’s stuff, snacks, diaper, or whatever you want. There’s another pocket under the flap for stuff that doesn’t need speedy access to, but you will use frequently. Two insulated bottle pockets on the sides to keep milk or drinks, and more pockets inside. Organization is a breeze.
Babymel Soho Messenger Diaper Bag
Admittedly, this bag looks like it’s made with dads in mind instead of moms. The design is certainly manly enough for dads to carry with confidence. It’s still great for moms, though. Mothers who do not wish to bring an overly feminine diaper bags will love this bag. Even though it’s a messenger, it also has short handles that you can grab to carry the bag.
This bag measures 18-inches x 6.75-inches x 11.5 inches and made of 100% nylon. The top of the bag uses a zippered closure for easy access to the interior. With a dozen of pockets, you’ll have plenty of ways to organize every baby stuff you need to carry. Yes, a dozen. Five on the outside, another five on the inside, plus two insulated pockets on the sides. The internal pockets have elastics to hold the diapers, toys, pacifiers, and anything else tight, so they don’t get jumbled around easily when you transport the bag.
Lassig Casual Messenger Style Diaper Bag
It’s big but not too big. The Lassig messenger baby bag is well thought of, and it can carry enough paraphernalia without being bulky. The style is so casual people may believe that you have a laptop or your work documents in there instead of diapers and bottles. Such design is welcomed by dads and moms who want to be discreet with their carry.
What makes it unique compared to other nappy bags is the ability to change its look by just changing the front cover. It’s like having a new bag altogether.
This bag is made from high-quality polyester fabric that feels heavy-duty and is secured with two Velcro strips on the front flap. You get plenty of storage for better organization including a zippered pouch, a removable insulated bottle holder, three insulated bottle pockets, large zippered wet pocket, a removable zippered bag, and more. You have a place to put whatever it is you want to carry.
Your Guide To Buying a Messenger Diaper Bag
What People Are Saying
Based on all the consumers’ reviews, these are the top things they mentioned about their new stuff:
- Strap(s): Some bags have one strap while others have two. In most cases, one strap is all you need for a comfortable shoulder or crossbody carry. Two straps can be annoying because one will frequently slide off your shoulder when you least expect it. The length of the strap also matters, so getting a bag with adjustable strap length is preferable.
- Design and Style: You just have to put dads in the picture here. When you ask your man to carry a bag with vivid floral print, he may be reluctant to do it. It’s a different story when the design is unisex, and the exterior is not bombarded with feminine or cute prints. Dad matters too, so as for their opinion before you make the purchase.
- Stroller Clips: When the strap is long enough you can hang a messenger bag over stroller handles easily, but still, stroller clips will make the bag hang more securely on the handles. Some bags come with stroller clips included, but if the bag you’ve been eyeing for doesn’t have them, it will be best to invest in the clips if you use a stroller a lot.
- Backpack Carry: Crossbody carry is comfortable, but backpack carry is even more so. It’s not easy to make a bag that will do well in various carry style so your choice will be limited if you want a messenger baby bag that works well as diaper backpack too. However, such bags do exist, and it makes an outing with kids easier for both moms and dads when they can forget about the bag hanging on their back.
- Ease of Cleaning: This is one of the first things people consider when buying a nappy bag. It’s logical because dirt and stains are unavoidable for a bag that gets used daily. Some moms are happy with bags that can be hand washed and others rejoice about the fact that their bags can be machine washed. All in all, being hard to clean is a deal breaker for parents. It’s such a big turnoff.
Useful Tips For Shoppers:
- A high-quality diaper can be costly, but you won’t have to buy a new one every year. That doesn’t necessarily mean you need to buy the most expensive bag. It’s just that paying a premium for a bag that will last through your children’s toddler years is quite a smart investment.
- A good changing pad is easy to find. If you like everything about a certain baby bag, but the included changing bag sucks, don’t worry about it. There are plenty of good changing mat that you can buy, and they don’t cost a fortune. Better yet, get an extra changing pad regardless of how good the included one is. In case you misplaced one, you have a backup ready.
- If you love a certain brand, but their range of messengers seems off, it’s okay to switch to another brand. Big brands don’t always get it right all the time. As long as the one you pick has a good balance of function and style, give yourself a pat on the back for making the right choice.
That’s it for our quick reviews of the top rated messenger diaper bags. So, which one do you like? If you still can’t decide on a single bag, make a list of the top three that you like best. Go over each one and see if one of them has all the features that you need and want. Can’t find it? Then see which one offers the least compromise. Of course, seek advice and suggestions from your husband too, especially if he’s going to carry it at some point.